Event 171225: Queen’s Baton Relay – Nominations
THE QUEEN’S BATON RELAY IS COMING TO THE MARANOA – NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN FOR BATON BEARERS
The Queen’s Baton Relay is coming to the Maranoa and you can be a part of its journey to the start of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games!
During its time in Queensland, the Queen’s Baton will visit Roma and Mitchell, giving local people in these communities and the surrounds an opportunity to be involved in the Relay. Starting in Australia on 25 December 2017, the Queen’s Baton will travel for 100 days visiting communities across all states and territories, showcasing Australia’s history, culture, traditions, geography and people to the world.
For the full article, visit Maranoa Regional Council
Queen’s Baton Relay
– The QBR will be coming through Roma in the afternoon of 7 March, and Mitchell in the morning of 8 March 2018.
Nomination Criteria – the nominee must meet one of more of the following
– Must have achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary
– Made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community
– Have excelled or aspires to excel athletically or personally
– Contributes to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community.
– Minimum age must be 10 years old as of 25 December 2017 (start date of relay in Australia)
– Must be an Australian Citizen
– Nominator must explain in 100 words or less how the nominee meets the criteria and why they should be a Batonbearer.
Nominations can be made online at www.gc2018.com/qbr by the closing date of 15 May.