Event 190201: Roma Toy Library – Launching in February 2019
The Roma Toy Library, will be launching in Feb 2019, offering families of all income levels free access to a library of high-quality educational toys on loan to children aged 0-5 years.
We are volunteer-based and funded through donations, and we are looking for a few items to help us finalise the launch. If you can help source any of the following, we would be so grateful!
- A laminating machine and laminating pouches
- Plastic storage crates of all sizes
- Poster display board or bulletin board on wheels (see image below for example; a whiteboard on wheels would also work)
We also accept donations of good used toys, ranging from wooden toys to outdoor gross motor toys. Categories include sand play, water play, musical play, pretend play, pretend play (eg animal figurines, doll houses, dress up clothes, pretend food), outdoor gross motor play (eg tricycles, see-saws, skipping rope), fine motor play (eg threading wooden beads, wooden blocks), play with words (eg finger puppets, themed puzzles).
General guidelines for donated toys:
- Favour natural materials where possible. These are often more durable than plastic and provide a more varied tactile experience for children.
- Toys must durable enough (i.e. of high enough quality) to withstand repeated use by multiple families over the years.
- Favour toys that are ‘passive’ and allow the child to play actively. This means usually avoiding electronic or battery-operated toys.
Monetary donations can also be made at https://www.gofundme.com/roma-toy-library.
If you can help with any of the above, we would be so grateful! Please contact Nat Cooksley on 0448177797 or on the Roma Toy Library Facebook page.