Event 180427: Empowering Families Funding – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – closing 27th April
Category : Events
We want to reduce the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in alternate care and improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families’ capability to care for and protect their children. The department acknowledges the important role and successes our partners in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander family and child sector play in keeping children and young people safe in family, maintaining and empowering children’s connections to culture and promoting opportunities through new and emerging practice and support ideas.
The Empowering Families Innovation Grants and the Innovation Challenge are an opportunity to form and build upon partnerships, and share learnings to take your idea and develop it further. We’d like to link with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and together come up with innovative ways to draw on the strengths, capabilities and leadership of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, communities and organisations.
WHO CAN APPLY
Individuals, groups and organisations are strongly encouraged to get together and apply. This includes:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders
• Queensland-based social innovators (noting that partners may be located outside Queensland)
• clients, families and service providers within the child protection and family support sector
• academics and researchers
• innovators and people with good ideas from a range of industries
• community groups
• local government agencies
• not-for-profit and private sector organisations.
Information on this funding: efig-round-2-guidelines
Closing: 27th April