The Roma Historical Precincts Inc. (RHPI) was formed to collect, preserve, and research, interpret and exhibit material evidence of cultural significance in Roma and the surrounding district.
We aim to be a formally recognised cultural precinct and share visionary objectives, to present excellence in cultural heritage, while delivering educational, community and cultural benefit. To achieve this, we manage and care for significant cultural heritage collections. The strategic plan recognises the opportunity to create a true cultural hub; uniting the community behind a clear direction, allocating scarce resources to agreed priorities and consolidating key initiatives and goals.
The association’s role is to collect, preserve, and research, interpret and exhibit material evidence of cultural significance in Roma and the surrounding district.
If you have any information, photos, plans, drawings or items that pertain to the Butter Factory in Roma could you please contact Ray Howson on 0499 996 449 or Maree Worland 0422 574 897
Monthly meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
To assist our fundraising you can drop your cans and bottles for the Container Refund Scheme, at the Butter Factory.
Statement of Purpose
We aim to:
- Be a World Class, Leading Visitor Experience – To operate as a cultural heritage precinct in Roma and contributing to Roma & Districts growth as a regional tourism hub.
- Inspire, Delight & Surprise – Present excellence in cultural heritage through Innovative programming, exhibitions and events.
- Celebrate our Place – Collect and conserve our region’s history and heritage for the benefit of future generations. Tell our stories through our collections.
- Build Connections – Be regarded as a valued and integral community asset with community ownership.
- Support lifelong learning – Maintain an educational role in the community.
- Invest in Culture – Contribute economic benefit to the community by supporting local history and cultural heritage. “
From the Roma Historical Precincts Inc. Strategic Plan
Membership: $10 per year. Individuals, groups and clubs are very welcome to join!
For more information:
Facebook Page: Roma Historical Precincts Inc.
Facebook Group: Roma Historical Precincts Inc. (Group)