Roma Commerce and Tourism
Roma Commerce and Tourism
RCAT Ladies Lunch – 31st March – Facebook Event
We are pleased to announce that Visit Roma and Commerce Roma have amalgamated to become Roma Commerce and Tourism (RCAT).
Purpose: Foster connection, confidence and knowledge; to support opportunities for businesses and the promotion of Roma; to enhance a sustainable local economy.
All membership fees 2021/22 financial year, will fall due on 1st July 2021 and the membership rate will be $150 annually.
a. Roma is a great place to live, work, play, visit and do business.
b. Roma has a collaborative and empowered business community.
c. Businesses can embrace opportunities and change.
d. Businesses can access information and resources and development support.
e. The business community can share and feel connection, encouragement, and support.
The objects of the association are—
(a) To demonstrate leadership on matters that affect commerce and industry of Roma, and collaborate with stakeholders, to progress beneficial outcomes.
(b) To advocate for the general interests, and foster development and opportunities, for commerce and industry of Roma.
(c) To support the development of individual and shared interests in commerce and industry.
(d) To support the awareness, development and promotion of Roma as an excellent tourist destination and commercial centre that fosters community pride.
As a priority, the committee is working on the development of our Strategic Plan which will also include an action plan to guide us over the next five years. We have received a grant for this project and have engaged Liz Otto from cornerstone-sustainability to deliver the project.
The new organisation will still deliver on Visit Roma’s and Commerce Roma’s major ongoing commitments, including:
• Visit Roma Inc provides volunteers for the Big Rig Visitor Information Centre (seven days per week), the Roma Express miniature train ride drivers and tour guides for Roma Sale Yards Tours. A big thank you to our fantastic volunteers
• We also produce and supply the Roma Visitors guides (10,000 to 12,000 copies pa) at a cost of approximately $8,000 pa.
Please note a new Visitors Guide is currently being developed and will be launched in the new year
• Development of a Welcome to Roma/Maranoa tourism knowledge/customer service program
• Maranoa Business Awards
• Shop Local Program – currently over $7,000 of gift cards will be released in the lead up to Christmas.
• BEP program in partnership with the Maranoa Regional Council, Santos and the Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation.
President: Charlie Eames
Vice President: Ray Howson
Vice President: Cyril Peet
Treasurer: Paul Schutt
Secretary: Camille Johnson
Committee Members: Meryl Eddie and Armando de la Flor Olavide
Mail: PO Box 1109 Roma Qld 4455